The Last Hex
A downloadable game for Windows
About this purchase
The Last Hex Releases into Early Access on May 10th. This purchase gets you our current development build for a reduced price. The build is stable and all the content for launch is there. We are just cleaning up some bugs and minor items and if you find something let us know. Upon our May 10th release, you will obtain a steam key.
About The Last Hex
A deck building RPG with roguelike elements. The dead arise and only you can stand against them. Travel the lands to slay monsters, acquire new cards, survive harrowing encounters and claim powerful equipment to enhance your deck. A final showdown with The Lost awaits you at...The Last Hex!
Not your typical deck-builder
Creating the perfect deck of cards is important, but this will only take you so far. Every card has a calculation based on your character stats. This will determine how powerful the effects will be. Buy equipment and increase your stats to get the best out of your cards. How will you bring out the true potential of your deck?
- 11 classes with individual decks, starting equipment and powers
- ~350 playable cards that change with your stats
- 7 equipment slots to fill that can change the course of your run
- ~70 events that could help or hinder you
- 56 monsters with different decks and unique powers
- Unlockable progression as you play. Unlock new classes, cards, equipment, events and monsters.
- Randomized hex map for each new journey
Cards based off character stats
The cards in your deck are affected by your stats. Each card has its own formula which uses your stats to determine how powerful the effect is. To raise your stats you must equip yourself with items and you will also have chances to gain stats via events. Some cards are stronger at the start of a run but fall off in effect later on, while others grow exponentially through your run. How will you build your deck?
Every time a new run is started a random map is procedurally generated, containing random terrain types, enemy camps, random events and cities with their own exhaustible shops. Monsters will level as you progress through the map. However, as you explore, The Lost will slowly take over the map destroying cities and events in its wake. Exploration makes you stronger, but as the dead spreads it serves to empower your foe. What path will you take to destroy The Lost?
Knowledge mixed with discovery
- Each unique monster has a set custom deck. Learn what effects and cards a monster has to figure out the best strategy to defeat them.
- Players can see the entire map from the start. All camps, cities and events are visible to optimize your route to ensure your success.
- Each event presents a series of choices with set outcomes. Learn when certain choices make sense, and when they should be avoided through experience.
- A compendium of all the equipment, monsters, and cards you have come across
- Optional choice to show card equations
|Updated||11 days ago|
|Author||That Indie Studio|
|Genre||Card Game, Role Playing, Strategy|
|Tags||Board Game, Deck Building, Fantasy, Roguelike, Roguelite, Strategy RPG, Turn-based Strategy|
|Average session||About an hour|
|Links||Steam, Steam, Blog, Twitter|
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $14.99 USD. Your purchase comes with a Steam key. You will get access to the following files:
- The Last Hex is now Available!11 days ago